Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Ugh Day 8!

Day 8- Tuesday started off with great promise. It didn't last long.

I got up as usual at 6am to make our shakes. I typically go back to sleep after that but I had a doctor appointment so I had to leave a bit earlier. There wasn't enough time to go back to sleep, and I was awake anyways. I found a pretty good yoga youtube video, and did that for 35 minutes. Then, I even had time to do some laundry!

I was feeling great! Got to the doctor on time, and it started going downhill from there.

I went in to get a mammogram and ultrasound on Righty because of a lump I affectionately call "The Rock."
"The Rock" has been with me since about 2007, he's cool and hasn't changed much. But I get him checked out every few years.

Everything's going fine, no biggie the tech just tries to rip Righty off my body to get it in the damn machine. But fine. (Someone really needs to work on that technology. It sucks!!)

Then, I have to go back for more mammogram pictures because the doctor "saw something concerning" on Lefty. What???? I'm here for the right one thanks. Getting slightly freaked out.

On to Ultrasound.....The tech is pregnant. Not off to a good start. Then she says nonchalantly that she needs to focus on Lefty because the doctor is concerned about some spots. Way to freak me out more!

It was a rough 2.5 hours there, but it turns out everything is fine. They are just lumpy. Which incidentally would reduce if I breastfed. And we know that's not happening.

Since the radiology office was in the same parking lot as my last RE, Dr. M, I planned to go over there and donate leftover medications and syringes. I didn't think much of it.

But suddenly when I was leaving I just started crying. It made me really sad to give up all my medications and syringes. Now my "IVF Bucket" is empty for the first time in over a year.

Actually, almost exactly a year. I had my first IVF Transfer of 2- Day 5 embryos on my birthday last year.

One year later it's done. Over. That's it. So I'm sad today.

And so incredibly grateful my exam results came back normal. So incredibly relieved and thankful.

I was thinking about it all on the drive to work. How I am so blessed, lucky, whatever to be healthy and not have any real medical problems. And also, how the one major thing I have always wanted and took for granted so many years would just happen it the one thing I can't have.

I have so many things to be thankful for this year on Thanksgiving, and so many amazing blessings in my life on my birthday. I really have been given a good life and I am choosing to focus on what I do have and the experiences I have been given instead of focusing on the things I don't have.

I hope you can do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment