Monday, December 15, 2014

WE MADE IT!!!!



We did it! We successfully completed the 28-Day Clean Eating Challenge!




Rachel:

Starting Weight 140.4

Finishing Weight 135.6

=5 POUNDS!



Skie:

Starting Weight 196

Finishing Weight 186

=10 POUNDS!!


This is more weight loss than I really anticipated. I am so impressed with us!

To be totally honest, Saturday we both went a little half-assed at eating clean too. We went to a friend's house for his birthday and they had Pizza Hut. We did each have 2 small slices of pizza. It was the first cheese either of us had in the whole month. It was pretty good in the moment, but you know I could have lived without it.


And eating pizza like that isn't normal for us at anytime, but it was there and it was served for dinner so we did it. We probably won't have pizza like that again for a LONG TIME. We do make homemade pizza, and sometimes will have a Newman's Own thin crust. Both are much better than a pizza hut pizza.


OK, So I want to write a full price breakdown and review.


The products came out to $9 a day for each of us. Then, we spent $168 on groceries. That's $3 a day each.


For a total of $12 on food. That's so cheap! We did have some things already at home, so that cut down on the costs. We started with some frozen meat, but did buy some chicken, fish, and beef during the month. Also, what made it less was Thanksgiving. We didn't include the Thanksgiving meal or really even that whole weekend of food. So if you want to know how much it will cost you, add 3 days into our grocery budget.


We saved a ton of money on: alcohol, coffee, creamer, junk food, eating out, and cigarettes. The cleanse is cheaper for us than regular months. We should probably make some changes going forward.......


Both of us decided to not drink coffee daily. I love it so I will have it on the weekends, and have tea during the week. I didn't like the Arbonne Detox Tea flavor, so I am using Tazo now. S likes the Detox Tea, so he is going to continue drinking it daily.


We both agreed having the shake in the morning is a positive, easy thing to do. I bought more chocolate powder so we can do that every morning for breakfast. S told me he is really bad at eating breakfast usually and he feels SO MUCH when he has something in the morning. He just doesn't always have time to eat, which is why drinking the shake is perfect for him!


Major changes for me are going to include NO CARBS for dinner. We had healthy sloppy joe sliders for dinner last night, and the bread, while delicious, wiped me out! I fell asleep on the couch at 8:30. I haven't fallen asleep on the couch after dinner in over a month. (Not a coincidence!) I think they just make me super sleepy, and rundown feeling at night. It's probably ok during the day in limited quantities but for sure none at dinner time.


We both had some really big challenges during the 28-days, but it feels so good to overcome them! We both feel proud of ourselves and much healthier!


I am going to miss some things about being on the challenge. I will miss the planning we had to do, and having 2 meals already made first thing in the morning. I will also miss the Facebook page. When you sign up for the challenge, you get added to a closed Facebook group and the leader of the group posts multiple times a day with encouragement, suggestions, reasons to stay focused and not cheat, etc. It was a great way to know we weren't alone, and to get motivation! Sometimes I would want to snack on something at work, and would see a post on the group. It really reminded me daily why we committed to this.


I know we will continue down the path of clean eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment