Monday, November 17, 2014

Day 1

Day 1 of the 28-Day Arbonne Clean Eating Challenge is here!!!! And I'm halfway through the day already!

I think the hardest part of this challenge is going to be getting up at 6am to make S' smoothies! I usually don't wake up until 7:30, but he really needs help getting out of the house so early so I have agreed to make our breakfast and lunch shakes at 6 am! Today I went back to sleep, but tomorrow the goal is to actually utilize the time being awake to workout!

I feel confused on where to start with a new exercise plan. I am a "Class" kind of exerciser. I used to love going to Body Pump, Yoga, and the Kickboxing class at the gym. My current schedule  and living in the country doesn't really work with the gym's schedule. Then, I was running/walking around the neighborhood which was perfect. But it is way, way too cold for that!

Now what do I do? I will try to find a You Tube video (though I haven't had success with that in the past.....) and/or lift weights in the Man Cave. We will just have to wait and see how it goes.....

But back to today......
This morning I made S and I smoothies for breakfast and lunch! The recipe is so easy.....
4 scoops Chocolate protein powder
2 scoops Fiber powder
2 scoops Greens Balance
Coconut Milk (unsweetened)
3 spoonful's Almond Butter
1 banana (should have added another banana.....)
Ice

That's it.......

Now it's 1pm and I am having a Digestion Plus and Fizz Stick in my water, with a handful of mixed unsalted nuts (almonds, pumpkin seeds, cashews, pecans, pistachios). And I am not hungry!

Surprisingly, I haven't had an cigarette cravings either. Usually by this time of the day I have already had 2 and getting ready for 2 more on my lunch break. But I'm good.
Fingers Crossed this feeling continuities!

For Lunch (at 2:30) I am going to have an avocado, and the same protein shake I had for breakfast.

If I need a snack before my 6:30 counseling group, I will have either more nuts or an apple.

For Dinner (at 9:30pm) :( We will have baked Mahi-Mahi on a bed of spinach, onion, tomato, and bell peppers with olive oil and lemon dressing. Sounds yumm to me! And it isn't that different from a "normal" meal for us. We would have just used store bought salad dressing instead of olive oil and lemon.

A note about prepping: I went to Costco Friday to stock up. I spent $150! That's so cheap for 2 of us, and it will last 2 weeks! And I bought 3 bottles of wine for Thanksgiving! Then, I spent $20 on grass-fed beef and some organic Kale at the local store. I have to go to the grocery store today for a few things, and it will likely cost me $20. Not spending any more on groceries than usual, and saving money on booze and junk food!
Last night we also weighed ourselves and took some measurements. Not either of our proudest moments.......We *might* share when this is over............





No comments:

Post a Comment