Monday, November 24, 2014

Weekend 1- Days 4-6

Well you win some and you lose some. We have been doing so good eating exactly on the plan and only what's on the plan. In fact, a couple of days I didn't even make it to 1200 calories and didn't really feel hungry.

Last night (Sunday) was the first weigh in. I lost 1 lb. (then it was back Monday morning) and S has lost 2 lbs. That's it. I really don't feel upset or disappointed by that. I am loving eating all the clean food, staying away from all the processed crap and drinking 2 meals a day. I actually like it.

But. What happened was.........we decided to have a little cheat day on Saturday night. We drank some beers. And maybe had a couple cigarettes. I know, I know. We shouldn't have.

It was so easy to rationalize the choice, and we were both miserable after working all week, not smoking, and not eating any junk food. My brain was PISSED! I could feel it, my dopamine and serotonin levels were at an all time low, I was just an addict without their drug. Unfortunately, after the first cigarette I felt all the way back to "normal." It's bad. I'm an addict (nicotine, not the beer). I didn't "need" a beer the way I "needed" the smoke.

I know I can quit though. I have done it before, and I can do it again. I just have to be strong. We got right back on track Sunday, and don't plan on smoking again. It's just back to keeping focused on the goal.

I am terrible at blogging over the weekends. I don't really have a computer at home, just a tablet. The blog doesn't work well on it. So I also did not succeed in my goal to blog for 30 days straight. But hey-No one is perfect. Right???

We have had some great dinners though. I want to write them down here so next time we do this I will remember!

Friday Dinner- Spaghetti Squash with Organic Red Sauce and grilled onions and garlic. YUMMY!!!

Saturday Dinner- Baked Cauliflower and leftover spaghetti squash. The Cauliflower was awesome! We bought 2 more at the store yesterday, we liked it so much!

Sunday Dinner/Lunch- We only had one protein shake Sunday because we were out most of the day. We ate a Chipolte. It was pretty good. We both had the salad bowl, with grilled veggies, meat, red salsa, and guacamole. And halfway through the bowl we were full! So we had dinner too! On diet-and delicious, and cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment