Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Phase 2

We graduated from Foster/Adopt Training last night! Phase 1 is OVER!

Phase 2 starts today! I just spent over $300 on our baby and all the safety requirements. I love Amazon. It's a problem. But I compared prices and with Prime free shipping on almost everything, it was worth going online.

I really just got some basics, but I really don't know what we are going to need. It's weird because we have so many unknowns. Like, we could get either 1 or 2 kids at one time. The kid(s) could be from Newborn to 2 years old. We have no idea and won't know until about an hour before they arrive.

I got what I think we will need for any of the above: a pack n' play, wipes, shampoo, body wash, hooded towels, swaddle blankets, thermometer, lotion, changing pad, and "lovies." Then a ton of safety stuff. An Oven lock, cabinet locks, medications lock boxes (yes, we have to have 2. Really, we might need 3 but will start with 2), and outlet covers.

I love our home, it is clearly a custom built house. There are cabinets and drawers EVERYWHERE! I love it because of storage space, but hate it for baby-proofing. So many locks..............

We will have to make a Wal-Mart run after we get "The Call" for diapers, food, clothes, etc. Important things that are really age specific.

All we have left to do is get cribs, car seats, and a glider. Big things yes, but that's about all we need for the first day (I think/Hope).

There we just have to get a Fire Inspection ("Call Chuck"), get our fire extinguishers "tagged" (whatever the hell that means), and online training. Then, the home study and we are ready!!!

I am feeling confident we can meet our Mid-May self-imposed deadline and finally meet our babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment