Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Peace out Debbie Downer!

I know my last post was quite the downer. I continue to have positive and negative feelings about all this fertility bullshit. I was having a rough day.....well week really.

That was posted on Monday, tears included. I cried over something minor Tuesday (not being able to find something to wear). And Wednesday was the doozy. Woke up and was in full meltdown mode within 15 minutes.

We are trying to sell our home, so every morning we have to clean up, open windows, make the bed, etc. before leaving for work. Sometime during all the renovations and showings the dishwasher AND washing machine broke. At the same time. During a super stressful FET fail, selling the house, going under contract with new house, major decision making fertility-wise. HOLY CRAP IT WAS TOO MUCH!

Luckily my husband is amazing. He hand washed a bowl for me for breakfast, and just hugged me a lot. Only later when I was more calm did he tell me how much it sucked to wake up to that. But in the moment he was just there for me, and that's what is important.

I have a much more positive outlook these days though. Yes, the washing machine is still broken, but the dishwasher is fixed. 50-50.

The house still hasn't sold, and no offers yet. Lowered the price yesterday hoping we get an offer soon. It won't be the end of the world if it doesn't sell. It would mean we lose the Elgin house we love but we are only out a couple hundred bucks. We can make that work.

I have an appointment to get a second opinion on the next fertility steps on April 8. I feel optimistic about another round of IVF. I will be able to do some things differently, like eat better and try some other holistic things that have shown some success. I think if we do another round, eat super "clean," meditate, do yoga, and acupuncture we will increase our odds slightly. That could be the slight boost the old eggs need.

And really I need to do because there are not a lot of choices left, and we still have insurance coverage. So that's happening.

Phase 1: Increase exercise, decrease Bud Light. (Starts April 1)

I have worked out a couple times the past week, and found some great youtube videos to use. There is a 30-day challenge thing that has a new video everyday for the next month. I am going to give that a shot and it started today.

I am also cleaning up my food situation. During the last round of IVF and the FET I was a hungry, hungry hippo and ate all the things! Because I was STARVING! This time, knowing to expect that and planning ahead with good snacks will help a lot.

I also just bought a book Cooking to Conceive. http://www.amazon.com/Cooking-Conceive-Editors-Conceive-Magazine/dp/0811868540

I know it is a situation where the woman was like," Maybe if I eat healthy I will get knocked up. Achoo. Pregnant."

I hate when people say "If you would relax, or change your diet you will get pregnant."
I know my situation is different.

I also know of several studies that showed higher IVF success rates when the women ate a diet that was 25% protein, very low carbs (but not no), and healthy fats. The women who ate processed sugar had significantly lower success rates. The cookbook has recipes in it that focus on high quality proteins, low (but not no) carb, and good snack ideas.

I hope it will give us both some new dinner ideas. We are stuck in a bit of a rut when dinner is concerned. In our defense, shit has been a little wacky lately!  Especially since we can't get the counter tops wet at all.

Waterloxing that is high priority this weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment