Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Week Three WHOOPEEE!

Week 3 came to a close on Sunday. Which means the cleanse is over this Sunday. It's a little sad.

We have found a good routine and are in the groove of this whole clean eating and detox thing. It's been so  great! Yes, there were some rough times. Also there have been huge successes and I feel proud of myself for being successful!

I will write a whole re-cap (with costs, etc.) next week when it's officially over.

Week 3 was really great. I actually enjoyed drinking the 7-Day Detox drink. And it made my insides feel fantastic! :)

We both had a lot of energy, and didn't have too much trouble turning down temptations, of which there were many of course! It really feels more natural now to not "graze" or eat "treats" at work. I used to rationalize getting a treat when my co-workers were going to Starbucks. Like this: "I've had a busy week. Yes, I should have a pastry and another cup of coffee 30 minutes after breakfast." Um, NO. That's not cool.

I had a major discovery during Week 3 too! Based on the instructions for the Cleanse I was having a Protein Shake for breakfast and lunch then eating dinner. Well, I failed to consider my crazy work schedule. I am at work 11 hours a day with a 1.5 hour commute which is 12.5 hours away from home!

I was STARVING and a little HANGRY most of the time during weeks 1-2. And I couldn't figure out why when S was doing fine. So I did a little investigation:

9:30 Breakfast to 12:30 Snack: 3 hours
12:30 Snack to 2:30 Lunch: 2 hours
2:30 Lunch to 10:00pm Dinner: 7.5 hours!!!!

Turns out, 7 hours is too long not to eat! DUH!! And I am so busy from 3-8:30 I wasn't even having a snack!
NO WONDER I WAS HANGRY and MISERABLE!

It was such a simple change. I just ate something healthy for lunch (usually S' dinner from the night before) and drank my protein shake for dinner. DUH.

This has been so much more helpful, and I feel like a million bucks! And I have lost more weight the past week and a half than I did at the beginning.

S has lost 9 lbs!! I can see it on his face and waist for sure. He says he can feel my waist is significantly smaller too though I have only lost 3 lbs.

All in All. WINNING! ;)


There will be a Clean Eating Challenge Group starting Jan. 5. Let me know if you are interested in feeling fabulous during the January Doldrums!

No comments:

Post a Comment