Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Thanksgiving and Birthday!

I am officially 32. YAH! We didn't do anything for my birthday except prepare for Thursday, though we did get to spend some time with friends who now live out of town. That was fun.

Thanksgiving and the weekend went really well overall! We hosted 9 family members, and S and I cooked everything! WHEW, we were tired. It was all awesome, and not that much was off the Detox diet.

On Diet:
Smoked turkey
Brussel sprouts
Sweet potato casserole (the only thing was the 1/4 cup of sugar)
Green beans w/almonds

Off Diet:
Sausage balls (I only had 1, S had 0)
Mashed red potatoes (Super small servings)
Gouda cheese w/1 cracker (2 small bites)
Red Wine (ok, ok, I had too much of this.............)
Cigarettes (only a couple, but I know still.......)

It looks worse written out. I had it rationalized well in my head! A bigger issue was the next day when we had local BBQ brisket, sausage, ribs, beans, and potato salad. Both of us tried hard to eat significantly less than we usually would, and neither of us got seconds on anything. Overall I give us a B- on maintaining the detox over the holiday. Not so bad.

And we had so much fun celebrating with our family, and then Saturday with friends!! I love the holiday season and am excited about upcoming events!!

We got a Christmas tree on Sunday too. We went to a Christmas tree farm to cut it ourselves! It was pretty cute, but the trees they grow were a little picked over, and too short.

We ended up getting a pre-cut Fraiser Fir from North Carolina. Still better that we bought local than from Lowe's........

As of Monday we are back on the detox 100% and feeling GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment