Monday, October 14, 2013

CD 1

It's my least favorite of all the CD's. (That's Cycle day for the layperson) I am hoping this is one of the few CD1's for the next 10 months or so.

I start Crazy Pills on Wednesday. Wish us luck. Everyone in a 10 mile radius of me needs it.

I did consult with a therapist friend on how to manage the hormone rages a little better. It would be easier if I woke up pissed off and stayed that way, but it's like waves. I am ok, then ragey, then ok, then depressed, then ok, then fill in crazy huge emotion, then ok, and on and on and on.

My friend suggested a "Self-Soothe box" combined with post-it notes strategically placed around the house. I like this idea. It takes my postcard idea to the next level.

So here's the plan: this week I am gathering my favorite things that appeal to all my senses: Making a playlist, to put next to a favorite candle, next to my yoga mat, next to my favorite comfy pants, next to my favorite tea, in the office where I will have my space. Then, I will write notes to myself to remind me to walk away from picking on the man who is awesome. I will write trigger phrases like "He is your husband, he is being supportive and loving. Go to your room" and "It's ok, it's the pills making you cry uncontrollably. Go to your room."

I have high hopes this will work. We both need it to work as the crazy pills are just the beginning. The Crazy SHOTS are coming soon!

Here's to me keeping it together this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment