Monday, October 21, 2013

Home Sweet Home

This weekend was my dad's 60th Birthday Party! I had a great time hanging out with friends and family! I got to spend a lot of time with my niece playing "tea party" and getting the stickers out of her new book. She kept saying "tricky stickers" when I tried to get them out of the book. I guess they were a little "tricky."

Honestly, it was a bit weird being around everybody and not drinking. I can't drink, smoke, or have caffeine while preparing for IVF (and during, and after for that matter). I got a very different perspective than I usually do. Very interesting........

I did enjoy not being hungover Sunday morning, and still had a blast! I win. (Finally, I get to win something!)

My Nanny is in the hospital. She is 95, and has been in about 10 days now. That is a long time to be in the same room, in the same bed, without being able to get up. I got to spend several hours with her so I am grateful for that.

She is so "with it" still it amazes me. She was asking about S, our jobs, telling me about my other cousins, and really holding conversation well. She was complaining Saturday about not being able to go to Dad's b-day party, and felt really lonely since the family was there and not with her Saturday night.

I am very grateful she is still around, and especially she made it through the weekend.

My dad's dad died on the day of his 26th birthday party. It was a week before his actual birthday and they were having chili which is exactly what was going on this weekend. Weird timing.

But history did not repeat itself.

Her sister (who is 86) came up from Sequin Sunday too so I know that brightened her day. At one point, there were 9 people in her little hospital room and she grabbed my hand, squeezed, and said "I am so happy right now. I'm so happy everyone is here." and she had the biggest grin on her face.

Such a wonderful moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment