Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Eagle has Landed

Transfer was a success yesterday! The doctor ended up recommending we put in 2 little embabies since neither was a super-duper star, they were just really good looking guys.

It was an easy procedure, no pain or cramping or anything. Which was nice. I have had a lot of pain, cramping, uncomfy-ness this month. I needed a win.

S got to be in the room with me and held my hand the whole time. I also made him talk to them during the 20 minutes I had to lay flat on my back without moving. It was really sweet.

Yesterday also was my birthday, the big 3-1. I can not think of a better birthday present than to get my "maybe babies!"

S writes the best cards, which always make me cry, and gives great presents. This year, along with some organic soaps, and a massage, he got me a cute little onsie that says Austin City Limits. And that of course made the waterworks start up again. It was really sweet.

I need some practice at "taking it easy." I have a hard time with that. The nurse told me I am an egg carton holding and protecting my egg. So I have to keep that in mind before I lift things or do anything. She says when she had IVF her standard was "If this doesn't work, am I going to blame the fact that I did ____ or that I lifted ____ or that I went to _____."

So I just have to remember the house can be dirty, the dishes can wait, and I need to sit my ass on the couch already!

I will work harder on that! At least I have Christmas presents I can buy :)

And I try to buy local presents, but I think this year will be mostly online shopping due to the "taking it easy thing," I can make up for it in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment