Tuesday, November 4, 2014

It's Been Awhile

I decided not to blog through my last round of IVF. I had all the feels, like all the time. *SPOILER ALERT: It didn't work= Not Pregnant)

I had so very many conflicting feelings. I was excited and hopeful then suddenly I would be detached and scared and defeatist. Luckily I really didn't have many drug induced mood swings, I had my own thoughts and feelings to provide that.

The protocol we used this time was awesome though! I was only on injectibles 2.5 weeks (vs. 4 weeks last time). I responded so well to not-Lupron and BCP. Those drugs just don't work for me!

My follicles looked good, we got 7 legit eggs out of the deal. Then, a day-3 transfer of the 4 embryos that made it that long. I know you might be saying "HOLY SHIT 4 EMBRYOS! AT ONCE!" Yeah we were surprised too. The limit is 2 for someone in my age group. Or so I thought.

Turns out, if they are Grade "Super-Duper Crappy Embryos" like ours were, they can transfer 4. Which is only appropriate because I called this the "Hail Mary" cycle anyways. And so it was.

None stuck. Probably at all. I got to be pretend pregnant for 2 weeks. Then it was over.

We are moving onward and upward in life!

Next up, Foster/Adopt.

No comments:

Post a Comment