Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Why?

I have been asked several times recently "Why do you need to detox?" Or "What's the Point of it."

I think those are very valid and important questions, I want to answer with my own story.

This summer when preparing for what we knew would be our last IVF, I wanted to EVERY THING possible to give my body the best chance. Which is how I discovered the first cleanse program I have done.

I was totally skeptical at first. I told my Dr. Friend who first talked to me about it that my big plan was to just eat "super healthy" and that would do the trick. She used some doctor reasoning on me that made me understand that eating "super healthy" (whatever that means BTW) wasn't going to be enough to repair the damage my years of unhealthy eating and exposure to toxins. She explained that most American's gut's are badly damaged and leaky. Gross. But she is right.

I started thinking about it, and reading up more on the Gut-Brain Connection. I knew about this already, but I didn't realize the importance of the Gut in reproduction. In retrospect, it seems a bit obvious. I had just never thought of my gut health being so critical to the success of IVF.

Did you know there is more Serotonin in your gut than in your brain? Serotonin is a super important "Feel good chemical" that we mostly associate with our brains, but there really is more in the gut. Just one reason having a happy gut is vital to our well being.

So I was convinced. I did her 6 week leaky gut repair cleanse and it was so hard, amazing, challenging, fun and amazing! There were some days that were TERRIBLE, but at the end I noticed some significant changes.

I noticed that after 2 years of taking pre-natal vitamins I FINALLY understood they do make my hair, skin, and nails so much prettier and faster growing. It seems my body was in such a state of disrepair all those years, I wasn't absorbing all the nutrients in my food and vitamins. I also had more energy, not caffeine generated, had less stomach trouble, quit smoking and was just more focused overall.

Obviously IVF still didn't work. But the cleanse was still worth it. That is part of why I decided to do it again with the Arbonne products. I need another "Reset" after the chemicals of IVF, the 10 pounds I gained during and the excessive eating of my feelings afterwards.

I binged on food, cigarettes, coffee, and beer for the last 2 months. I think I have felt all the feelings, grieved the pain, and I am looking forward to moving forward. :) This cleanse will help me push the Reset Button on my body, my mind, and my soul.



No comments:

Post a Comment